Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy Scrapper's Challenge #1


It all began about three weeks ago. I was attending one of the final (insert sulky expression) Happy Scrappers classes at Happy Stamper's home. Towards the end of the class, all scrappers had to choose (no peeking) a journaled strip with an idea which was to become the inspiration for a scrapbook page. The page in question was assigned as homework for our final class. I am sure that you have all heard by now that I suggested that we do three each (which everyone agreed to by the way) instead of one. Did I ever take some grief for that one last night! Personally, I very much enjoyed the assignment. Maybe I just need to get a life!
A few of us did meet the challenge, and most girls arrived last night with at least one page done. It was truly touching to share in some of the very personal pages inspired by these memory jar strips. I learned something new and special about every friend seated around the table. It doesn't get much better than that. And yes, it goes without saying that there were tears....
As promised, I am going to share the pages inspired by this homework assignment here on my blog. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. May it inspire you to scrapbook something you would never have thought about scrapbooking before....
"Do you have a recipe that was passed down to you and you want to preserve the memory? Scrap it!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your page. I enlarged your page to see the recipe and was excited to see the War cake recipe. That too was a recipe that both my Mom and Grandmom made. It was so yummy. Nice idea. I must see if I could find the recipe for Pickled Heads ( no joking). It is pickled cabbage heads. I think it is a Lunenburg Co. thing!!!

Just Plain Happy said...

I loved that you scrapped this piece of your family's heritage. Preserved (like pickled heads) forever. Thanks for sharing your life and pages with us.