Thursday, March 15, 2007

Altered tin




This is a week of firsts for me! How will I ever go back to my regular routine? I could get pretty used to this! Maybe the answer is to integrate more scrapping into the art curriculum for my students! What I have shared with them, they loved as much as I do! You should see their writing journals.... inspired!
On to the project.... My sister-in-law (you bloggers know her as stampin' valley girl) gave me this cool tin for Christmas. (thanks!) I have been meaning to alter it for some time now, but was honestly a little weary about making a mess of it. I was a bit frustrated when trying to measure accurately around the handles (can you spell perfectionist?), but otherwise it was a breeze & so much FUN! I love this paper Spring Flowers(?). It goes without saying that SU rocks in the paper department! I had fun covering the chipboard pieces, sanding my edges, embellishing.... it sure doesn't take much to amuse me. Who am I kidding? If you are reading this, you are as addicted as I am!
I still haven't decided exactly what I am going to use my tin for, but I am sure that you noticed the "t", which means that, yes, I am going to keep it! I just know that I will find an ingenious way to make use of it. Any suggestions?
P.S. I am off to the city tomorrow (if we don't get that freakin' storm!), so I hope I can find some new treasures to ALTER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Trying again,
I have used mine for greeting cards, recipes, memorabilia...or just for show - LOL!

I have a band-aid tin and a papier mache playing card box with 8 cards to try this weekend. Should be fun!

Enjoy what's left of your break! Hopefully the snow won't interfere with your plans for Halifax!

Just Plain Happy said...

You go! Cod maker!! and you are proving yourself to be as you claim MORE than 'just a codmaker!' Love your projects!