
This little stamp from the Small Sayings set (Winter Mini) was the inspiration for this entire page. And who hasn't fallen in love with the Enchanté designer series double-sided paper? Throw in some chocolate chip card stock, ribbon & ink, vellum, hodge-podge goodies (gotta have 'em!), and the Best Friends alphabet stamp set (my personal favourite).... you've got a page in the making!
This particular picture holds fond pre-Christmas memories for me. My husband and I, along with a group of our dear friends, went 10-pin bowling and out for dinner. At the restaurant, we all (including Frosty, who Maureen abducted from the decor and insisted should be included) gathered around the Christmas tree and had our picture taken by a kind (if not patient!) waitress.
You see.... that's what endears scrapbooking to my heart. As my audience, you are seeing a group of smiling friends sharing a holiday moment. For me, there are so many other memories hidden within this 8 x 8 layout, memories which will be mine for years to come thanks to the "moment" captured here. Ah yes.... friends ARE the family you choose yourself. Three cheers for great friendships!


2 comments:
Well it's about time that you posted!!! LOL!!!! Great job on the page! LOve the colors and everything else about it!!! I'm gonna have to try a 8x8 album, im just starting to finish up my 12x12, gotta get a few more pics printed off, some titles and then some journiling!!! Have a good weekend!!!
ditto!ditto! Friends ARE the family you choose yourself! I am grateful for my friends and love to scrapbook them. I love scrapbooking too as I get to relive the memory as I create the page and everytime I look at it! Thanks for the 'balance' comment on my blog. It is ALWAYS nice to be missed!
Post a Comment