
I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this..... but alas, I could not wait to share! I was actually creating a sort of storage box to sit on the desk in my scrapbooking area. I think I will use it to hold scraps of paper cut to size, so that when I am inspired by something fabulous in the blogging world, I can jot it down quickly for future reference. It will also be useful in creating journaling notes when organizing my pictures for scrapbooking projects!
I decided to use my favourite stamp set from every season (this was actually easier than I thought.... summer being the most difficult), and to enhance them with the colours which I felt best complimented them. Once I had the four sides completed, I used my crop-o-dile (yeah!) and some chocolate chip and white grosgrain ribbon to attach them together to form the box. To complete the project, I simply added a heavy duty card stock bottom. The idea for adhering the sides was inspired by a coaster box idea I read about at splitcoaststampers. You can see the tutorial by clicking on this link. (I plan to use the "coaster" idea for Christmas gifts! Aren't they awesome!)
I am really pleased with the way this project turned out! The more I "alter" in my scrapbooking area, the more creative and inspired I become! So "hoppy" to have been able to share!



3 comments:
Wow! arn't you creative! Looks terrific!
Speedy B
Wow! What a great idea. I love it! Hmmm....what could I use one of those for? I might just have to CASE it.
I came in at the 'fiish' line but would never have guessed what you were creating! Love it! ANd what a cool use of your stamps and 'seasonal' idea! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment