Saturday, March 17, 2007

glorious WINTER morning











"What a glorious winter morning! Dave, the pugs and I were off bright and early for a magical sled ride back to the site of my father's camp. After a few failed attempts (the princess is really not the world traveler that her big brother is), we were off.... Bailey, Tia and I drove, and hauled "Daddy" on a sled behind us! Picture that! (insert smile) Maybe Santa will spring for a second sled some day! If only...."
As much as we complain about inclement weather, I have to say that I am really going to miss beautiful winter mornings such as this one. So glad I could "capture the moment"!
I wish to leave you today with some wise advice, passed along to me from happy stamper. Scrapbook your most recent pictures first, and then work backwards. I always felt I needed to 'catch up' from years past, but when I thought about what happy stamper was saying, it made a whole lot of sense. I really enjoy journaling now (which for me is SO important), and it is so much less frustrating when all the details of a given event are fresh in your mind. So think about it, it worked for me..... Another tip.... if you are in to instant gratification, try an 8 x 8 album. I am loving them! Enjoy your winter morning!






4 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

It was the 'age of experience' speaking! I wish someone had given ME that 'tip' years ago! Even if I had thought to keep a journal while my children were growing up! Well, I am NOT going to let a memory escape me now that I have grandchildren! Thanks for sharing that important TIP!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful memory page you've created!
Speedy B

Anonymous said...

Great job!!

Anonymous said...

What nice pages, I love blues! We wnet on a mini vacation this week and I have made notes, (happy Stamper suggestion) so once I get my pictures developed my memories will be crystal clear!